Household takes privacy and data protection extremely seriously and adheres to the principles outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy outlines the basis on which any personal data we collect, or that you provide, will be processed, how we will use and protect that information and the rights you have over your data.
Personal data is information that can be used, directly or indirectly, to identify someone, for example, a person’s name, address, online identifier etc. In the course of our business we hold personal data of job applicants, employees, contractors, clients, collaborators, recipients of our emails, visitors to our website and others.
All personal data held by us is processed according to the following core principles:
- processing will be fair, lawful and transparent
- data will be collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- data collected will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- data will be kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, by using appropriate technical or organisation measures
- we will comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for any international transferring of personal data
Types of data held
This depends on the reason why the data is being collected. It includes information provided when you make an enquiry via our Contact Us page, when you submit your CV and or work examples to us, when you sign up to our email newsletters or when you work with us. Analytical information on our website is collected using Cookies but this is strictly anonymised so that no personal data is collected.
We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures, including education and training of our personnel, designed to protect the personal information in our possession from accidental loss or destruction, improper use, alteration, or disclosure.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless we are legally obliged to.
You have the following rights in relation to any personal data we hold on you:
- the right to be informed about the data we hold and what we do with it;
- the right of access to the data;
- the right for any inaccuracies in the data to be corrected;
- the right to withdraw any consent you have given for us to process your data and have those data deleted;
- the right to restrict the processing of the data;
- the right to transfer the data we hold on you to another party;
- the right to object to the inclusion of any information;
- the right to unsubscribe to any email newsletters of marketing messages by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Regulator, who in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office about our processing of your data.
By visiting www.household-design.com you agree to the collection and use of your personal information by us in accordance with our Website Privacy & Data Protection Policy.